- To enter this range, you must comprehend, read and speak the English language as well as understand commans and safety procedures.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing are not permitted in the range area due to possible exposure to lead.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will not be permitted to use the firing range and will be asked to leave the area.
- Any person that has the condition which might create a safety hazard to themselves or anyone else is not allowed into the range.
- All children must be at least 12 year old to shoot and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must sign a waiver and be present with the child at all time ("Legal guardian" - a person who has been appointed by a judge to take care of a minor or incompetent adult personally and/or manage that person's affairs)
- All handgun shooters under the age of 21 and all long gun shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must sign a waiver and stay with the underage shooter at all times.
- All participants must complete all required waivers before entering the range area and show valid government issued ID containing a physical address.
- All firearms that are not holstered must be unloaded and secured in a case or have the action open while going to and from the ramge.
- All firearms and ammunition are subject to inspection by range staff prior to entering the range.
- Only authorized firearms and ammunition may be used on the range. No tracer, incendiary, or armor-piercing ammunition is allowed. Black powder rifles and muzzle loaders are also prohibited.
- Eve and ear protection are required on the range. If you do not have your own, both are available for purchase at the range desk.
General Firearms Safety Rules
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Never point a firearm at anything or anyone that you do not intend to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Always be aware of your target and what is beyond it.
Range Safety Rules
- Shooters are to obey all instructions and commands given by the Range Staff and Range Safety Officers at all times. Failure to comply will result in removal and being banned from the facility.
- No food, tobacco products, or beverages are allowed in the range area due to possible lead exposure.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn prior to entering the firing range and must be worn at all times in the firing range.
- No more than two shooters are permitted in one stall without prior approval from the Range Staff.
- Do not load firearms behind the firing line. All firearms must be loaded and unloaded in your assigned shooting stall only. Never transfer firearms from one lane to another.
- Use only ammunition that is permitted on the firing range and is the correct ammunition for your firearm.
- Shooters are to keep their loaded firearm pointed downrange at all times.
- Alcohol or drug use before or while shooting is prohibited. Any person suspected of drug or alcohol use will be asked to leave the range.
- No drawing from the holster, kneeling or prone shooting is allowed.
- Individuals are expected to sweep and deposit brass as well as remove target from the target carrier before exiting the range.
- In the event of a firearm malfunction that you are unable to clear, place the firearm in the bench pointing downrange and request assistance from the Range Officer. A staff member will assist you with the malfunction. Never exit the booth with a loaded firearm.
- Do not adjust eye or ear protection with a firearm in your hand. Place firearms on bench pointing downrange in the range lane and await instructions from the Range Officer.
- No horseplay, running, throwing object, or contacting other is permitted while on range.
- In case of power outages or any emergency, place firearms on the bench pointing downrange in the range lane and await instructions from the Range Officer.
- If you are injured on range, place firearms on bench pointing downrange before exiting the range for help.
- Cell phone usage, including texting, is strictly prohibited while on range. No personal video or photographs of our facility ae permitted.
- Never go downrange or past the booth at any time.
- No rapid fire is allowed.
- Never fire a firearm at a target that is closer than the red line on the range floor.
- Never fire a firearm in any direction other than downrange in a level position at the range end wall.
- Professional instructors may not use the firing range for the purpose of instructing students in courses not being conducted by Shooters Choice of SC, LLC. without prior approval and permission.